This article contains Amazon affiliate links, see my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Every dog looks good in a hat. But many dogs need a functional winter hat to protect them from the cold or wind. See 10 winter hats for dogs
When should a dog wear a warm hat?
The cold affects a dog just as simply as it affects us, humans.
Besides cold, icy, and windy conditions also mind the special needs of your dog. Some breeds are more sensitive to cold than others.
Other reasons why dogs wear a hat
- some dogs just hate it when the wind blows on their ears
- a special ear en neck warmer can compress noises and may help calm a dog
- preventing a dog from shaking his cold ears, excessively shaking can cause hematomas
- used for holding longer ears while eating
- dogs with cropped ears might need extra protection
- some owners use a hat on their dogs because it helps with barking
10 Winter hats for dogs
As your dog ages, the protection of its head and ears may become more important. See 10 Dog Winter Hats at Amazon.com
Other articles you might like
Amazon Deals | Shop now